The Orissa Agriculture Service Association ( OASA) is a non-political organisation and got recognition in the year 1967 vide letter no -11143-IA-6/67 POL of Home Department, Govt. of Odisha and registered in the year 1991-92 under Society registration Act vide Registration No-3552-27 of 1991-92.All members of the Odisha Agriculture and Food Production Service cadre not below the rank of Assistant Agricultural Officer with minimum qualification of B.Sc.(Ag) and equivalent either serving in the Department or on deputation to other Departments/Institutions/ Organisations (PSUs) are the members of the OASA.
The Head Office of the Association is known as OASA Bhawan located at plot no-1769, Barabari, Near OSAM Board Building, Bhubaneswar-751030 and the District branch offices at the Revenue District Headquarters.
OBJECTIVES OF OASA
- To foster the advancement of agriculture in the state and with this end in view:-
- To organise study circles and seminars on Agriculture and allied sciences.
- To study and analyze agricultural problems of the state and suggest solutions.
- To disseminate scientific knowledge on farming.
- To maintain liaison with similar organisations and associations devoted to the advancement of the agricultural science, and
- To publish scientific journals and information literatures dealing with agriculture and allied sciences with special reference to conditions prevailing in Odisha.
(B). To promote social, cultural and material welfare of the members by:-
- Establishing co-operative stores, credit societies and such other organisations of benefit of the members and others.
- Organizing recreation for the members.
- Providing relief to the members and their families in distress.
- To ventilate and see redressal of grievances of the members of the association by peaceful and constitutional means.